Complaints Handling Policy
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint.
Please note: Our remit is to provide impartial advice within Islamic guidelines and thorough procedures are in place to ensure that outcomes are to the highest level of standard possible. Clients are reminded, within our terms and conditions, that they must not attend expecting a specific outcome – this is not our remit. Verdicts are neutral and carried out by Islamic experts.
What will happen once we receive your complaint?
1. We will send you an e-mail acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint.
3. If an initial review of your complaint does not warrant a detailed investigation, the matter will be dealt with accordingly and you will be informed.
4. If upon initial review of your complaint, there are grounds for a detailed investigation, we may contact you for further information. This process could also require a meeting.
5. Once the detailed investigation has concluded, we will e-mail you the outcome including information on upheld matters and any remedies needed to be taken or already taken.
6. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement e-mail.
7. If you remain unsatisfied at the conclusions reached at the end of the process, you should contact us again and we will arrange for an external party to review the decision.
8. We will e-mail you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
Please note: Once a complaint has been submitted, any existing case will be suspended until the complaint has been resolved.
Complaint submission form: